Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Round 22 Results

Round 22 results:

Head-to-Head tips correct: 5 out of 8
Total for year: 110 out of 176

TeamOutcomeWinnings
FremantleW$60
GeelongW$2
HawthornW$11
St.KildaL-$30
EssendonL-$37
SydneyW$36
Port Adel.W$120
MelbourneL-$2
Total ($475 outlay)$161 profit
Percentage Return34% profit

A great finish to the season.

Overall for the 22 rounds of the 2010 home and away season, my result was a $45 loss. With bets totalling $9020, this calculates to a loss of less than 0.5%

Now, I actually consider this to be a successful trial for a number of reasons.
1) I implemented my method of predictions without any real analysis, so it is a great starting point for making refinements.
2) Further analysis, using the same methodology, can give improvements in returns by being more selective in betting. For example, the first few rounds a more random. Also, betting on teams with large odds (> 5.00) generally does not pay off overall.
3) The available odd from betting agencies has a built in profit margin of 8% or more. So I have already effectively beaten those odds.

I will perform some more analysis on the results for the season, and produce what I would consider a realistic return of the current version of my tipping system.

I also plan to undertake some development of the system, with automated testing to make improvements more rapidly. Hopefully version 2 will be ready for next season, and potentially be put into action.

No comments:

Post a Comment